The Philadelphia Phillies head into Tuesday’s game against the New York Yankees as the only winless team remaining in Major League Baseball. Riding an 0-4 start, the Phils will send lefty Matt Strahm to the mound in a spot start. The Yankees will counter with Domingo German.
First pitch is set for 7:15 PM from the Bronx. The game will be available nationally on TBS and locally on NBC Sports Philadelphia Plus.
When: Tuesday, April 4
Where: Yankee Stadium in the Bronx, NYC
First Pitch: 7:05 PM/Eastern
Broadcast: SportsRadio 94 WIP and the Phillies Radio Network with Scott Franzke and Kevin Stocker
Telecast: TBS (National) and NBCSP+ (local)
PHI– Matt Strahm: (2022/w BOS: 4-4, 3.83 ERA, 1.23 WHIP, 13 HLD, 4 SV)
NYY– Domingo German: (2022: 2-5, 3.61 ERA, 1.16 WHIP)
Keep an Eye On…
- Phillies “starter” Matt Strahm is making his first start since 2021 with San Diego. The lefty –who was signed as a key bullpen piece– is making the start for the injured Ranger Suarez. Per Matt Gelb, Strahm is expected to have a 65-pitch limit.
- Strahm has a 2.45 ERA, a 1.02 WHIP, and 19 Ks in his career -14-games pitched- against the Yankees
- The 2023 Phillies are tied for the worst run differential to start a season with the 1895 Phillies, -25 runs. The 1895 squad -led by manager Arthur Irwin- finished 3rd in the National League with a 78-53 record.
- The Phillies have allowed 37-runs through the first four games of the 2023 regular season. It took the 2022 National League Champions 7-1/2 games to reach the 37-runs allowed mark.
- The Phillies bullpen has allowed 11-of-14 inhertied runners to score, that’s 79%. The MLB average is 30%.
- Kyle Schwarber (.059 AVG, 1 RBI, 7 K) has Yankees’ pitcher Domingo German in his homerun book.
- Down on the farm, UTL Scott Kingery is batting .333 with 2 HR, 1 3B, and 3 RBIs for Triple-A Lehigh Valley