The Philadelphia Phillies return to the field on Saturday in Arlington, turning to their ace –Zack Wheeler– looking to notch the first win of the 2023 regular season. The Texas Rangers will counter with free agent acquisition Nathan Eovaldi.
The Fightins hope to have short memories after blowing a 5-0 lead on Opening Day on their way to a horrific 11-7 loss to the Rangers.
Despite the loss, not all was bad for the Phillies.
Offensively, the Phils looked as advertised especially from the power department accounting for seven extra-base hits and seven runs on Thursday. 3B Alec Bohm was the star of the game for the Phils, the 26-year old went 3-for-4 with 3 RBIs and was a single short of the cycle. Trea Turner, J.T. Realmuto, Nick Castellanos, and Brandon Marsh joined the extra-base hit parade and 1B Darrick Hall was robbed of a late-inning home run.
First pitch is set for 4:05 PM/Eastern from GlobeLife Park.
When: Saturday, April 1
Where: GlobeLife Field in Arlington, Texas
First Pitch: 4:05 PM/Eastern
Broadcast: SportsRadio 94 WIP and the Phillies Radio Network with Scott Franzke and Kevin StockerTelecast: Fox Sports
Related- Rapid Reaction: Phillies Implode on Opening Day
Phillies: Zack Wheeler (2022: 12-7, 2.82 ERA, 1.04 WHIP)
Rangers: Nathan Eovaldi (2022 w/BOS: 6-3, 3.87 ERA, 1.23 WHIP)
Keep an Eye On…
- Phillies OF Jake Cave has a career .571 batting average against Rangers pitcher Nathan Eovaldi
- Phillies C J.T, Realmuto is 3-for-7 in his career againt Eovaldi including a home run
- Kyle Schwarber has never faced Eovaldi. The pair were teammates in Boston in 2021 where Eovaldi was the Red Sox Opening Day starter.
- Rangers SS Corey Seager has a career .455 batting average against Phillies pitcher Zack Wheeler
- Marcus Semien is 3-for-8 with a walk in his career against Wheeler